7.01.2008

A Quick Laugh Before Bed...

Those of you who live in the Provo area will most likely find this story a little more funny than those of you who don't.


So where I live every condo has there own assigned parking spots that are clearly marked with a number and there are many signs around that state "do not park in mark parking spots." Often people like to ignore the signs and park in your spots anyways. Hopefully after some people have heard my story they will have learned their lesson! So now to the story...

A couple of Saturdays ago my roommate Kim and I were sitting home on a Saturday night (surprise, surprise) when we got a knock on the door. It was the girl who lived below us asking is we knew the owner of the car who parked in her spot. We had no clue, but being the nice girl I am I decided to help her investigate. After knocking on a few doors and no body knowing who the car belonged to, we decided to give good ol' University Towing a call. Since it was a Saturday night in P-Town they were very busy and told us basically there was nothing they could do for us right then. So being the problem solver I am I told Brie (the girl who lives below me) to go get her car and park it right behind the car parked in her spot and leave a nice 'hate' note saying that if they wanted her to move her car they would have to come to her condo. So Brie went back to her place and I went back to mine thinking the problem was pretty much solved and I could now go to bed. I got all ready for bed and right before I got into bed I looked out the window to see how the situation was going. Much to my surprise the "owner" of the car had returned to see what we had done! But instead of him just simply knocking on Brie's door and having her move her car he decided to take things into his own hands. I ran and got Kim and we watched out the window patiently awaiting his next move. HE got into his car and started it, what was he going to do next? He was two options, 1-back into Brie's car and cause an even bigger problem or 2- try to attempt the impossible and jump the hill in front of him. Well Mr. Smarty Pants decided to choose options number Dos. When I had saw what he decided to do I grabbed Kim and ran down stairs to inform Brie. We watched out the window while the driver of a "FORD TAURUS" tried to climb a hill much bigger than his little junker could handle. Well to his surprise he got STUCK (who would of thought) We watched and watched as he try to get himself out of this situation. NO LUCK... poor guy. So we decided to go give him a hand, and by this time we had gathered quit the crowd, this is Provo after all and not much goes on around here! So to cut this very long story short, he ended up having to call the tow company to come get him unstuck which cost him a lovely 60 dollars. The best part of the story is Brie had made out with the driver before ( hmm awkward ) and it wasn't even his car, he was moving it for his friend. And till this day his friend still doesn't know a thing about what happened hahaha! And don't you even worry, I sure did take pictures, which I'm sure made the guy feel even better about the whole situation!
Enjoy...

3 comments:

Ryan.Robyn said...

oh my! that is funny. even funnier that your friend made out with the guy! ha ha

Anonymous said...

Wayyy too funny Kels...what a knucklehead...Im sure that ranked among the top 10 things you could have done on a Saturday night! Love ya, Papa xxxooo

Andrea said...

that is hilarious, sounds like there are some smart guys in Provo. Maybe you should start looking elsewhere for a hubby...